1.16.2008

Choosing a COLOR!


Choosing a COLOR of paint for your walls is always a ROUGH decision. I always look at the OOPS paint at The Home Depot. (learned that from my mom) Most of the time there are always great colors that you could use. Every person should look at the OOPS paint. Seriously though i am having a really rough time making a decision on what to paint our Kitchen, Nook, Stairway and Down Stairs as well. things Done already are as follows.... The front room, Delila's room and Our bedroom. now the guest bathroom though i already know how i am going to paint that. Whos with me?? So here we go, give me input PLEASE!!!!!






THE KITCHEN

We have baby blue counter tops and back splash so i need it to go with that. and the color of a lot of my things like kitchen aid and toaster are Red. I am ready to make a BOLD decision and get some Major bright colors in there. You can not see in the pictures but the ceilings are VERY high. My options are.....

1. A green color i am thinking a soft lime green?

2. A Pale yellow

3. Red




THE NOOK

Should i just go from the kitchen and do the same color or should i switch it up? darker on the bottom half and lighter on the top half??? OPINIONS NEEDED


THE DOWNSTAIRS


This one is a tricky one. there are so many different angles and levels that i dont know if i want to do it all just one color or switch it up. I hope that in the pictures you can see the different levels as i was saying. There is one main wall and the rest are switched up with levels and such. The furniture is Brown and the end tables are black. So i want to have a brighter color and then another color. Again i was thinking a soft lime green color. not sure though??






THE STAIRWAY

Again very high. So u will need maybe a bold color. or should i do a simple color to flow/tie it all together?
The picture below is the main wall for downstairs that starts in the stairway.





























3 comments:

Ginger said...

I think I better get out there before you do something DRASTIC! Is the snow pass cleared?! [remembering Seven Brides]

Chelsea said...

oh my gosh, thinking about you painting all that wall makes me sick. It's so much work! my advice: start with the biggest room to paint. That way if the small rooms seem like a chore, you'll never want to tackle a bigger room. If you do the biggest first, you'll think, oh, this other little room is a piece of cake.

Good luck!

The Wies Family said...

I think you should paint the basement first and use light (tanish) and dark browns. Also, do the same light brown color for the stairwell. I think that the nook in the Kitchen should be a yellow color so that it can brighten that area up a little bit. I agree with your mom too, wait till she gets there. It will be a lot easier to have her help.