4.30.2007

Spoiled and she isn't even here!












So here is the start of Delila's bedroom. we are nearly done. we just have a few touch ups here and there!!!!! my mom was a huge huge help last weekend and richard was also. rich did such a great job on the center moldings on the wall!! love him lots! but i kinda learned how to sew now i just gotta put the machine to work myself!!!!! anyways i love her room and i wish it was mine! haha kidding rich would go crazy with all the pink but he loves it and cant wait to have our baby in the room! anyways it was a fun weekend!!! love you guys, xoxoxxoxoxoxo
p.s. the dress was my blessing dress and grandma kuhn made it for me and grandma swartz has kept it nice all these years as well....... so now our little girl gets to wear it too!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Hilary said...

So fun that she gets to wear your blessing dress... my mom kept mine but it's not looking like there's anyone to wear it. :)
That room is ADORABLE though, so glad your mom's so dang talented. :)
BTW, you need to get some drawers for all your baby crap. :)
I have seen a lot of cute under-crib drawers.

Ginger said...

I sure had some fun last weekend. Take a picture of the shelf and valance's too. That's going to make the room pop! Remember you need some Fray Check for the ribbon. I'll keep my eyes open for a bedskirt. Yeah right! I did more shopping in one weekend than I do in a whole month! I'll try... Tell Richard he's a keeper. I'll try not to be such a slave driver next visit. Love you bunches!

Millie said...

That room is adorable...I agree with you Katie, I wish it was mine....hmmmm....maybe it's time to redecorate...you do realize that Princess Delila will always expect the finest after being graced with such a beautiful nursery???

Heather said...

That room is soooo cute! Richard really did an awesome job. And I can't believe you and your mom made those bumpers. So talented! Delila is one lucky little girl!

Chelsea said...

I love that fabric! Such cute cute colors and they go so well together (they were my wedding colors!).

Your little girl is going to be so totally spoiled.

Quick question:did you make the pillows on the bed? I want that fabric! Also, where di you get the fabric for the bumpers? I'm making baby blankets and bibs and burpcloths and LOVE that.

Chelsea said...

Oh, one more thing...just so you don't think i'm some crazy weird blog stalker -- I used to know your hubby. He actually helped me put furniture together a couple of years ago. Looks like he's still at it!

Chelsea said...

Hi! Your mom was so helpful with the fabric.

Oh, and I don't think you have ANYthing to live up to...i'm GREAT at making messes, but horrendously awful at remembering to clean them up...my husband says it's going to drive him crazy. :)

Be your own rainbow!