7.31.2009

LILA TWO!! is what she says....

Our sweetest little girl Delila is 2! oh my goodness! this year went by so fast! 2 years ago today our little miss was born! What a day! so many things went unplanned yet i stayed so calm! i remember that day very well! lets remember it.....

Dr apt 9 am. and my blood pressure was high.
Dr. comes in and says your blood pressure is high and your 4 days past your due date and you have had a rough pregnancy. would you like to go over and have your baby today?
I remember tearing up and bit and saying i have been waiting for you to say that!
5 minutes after that i called richie and said im going to be induced my blood pressure is to high.
Rich is so excited and says i will be over in a couple minutes. (he works a couple minutes from the dr and hospital)
i tell rich no it is ok stay there till it is time im gonna have to wait a while im sure. so he stays.
then i call my mom let her know the news and also my sister in law heather since she was gonna be there to help me through along with richie. (the plan was allllll natural)
20 min later im up in the hospital in my hospital bed gown and all waiting and while waiting i send out the mass text, im going to be induced. keep you updated!
after waiting i get bored then i sorta was like ok i need my richie. so i called him and he came right over.
shortly after he gets there the induction starts. the water gets broken and i suggest leaving it at that to see if i progress on my own. ( i was already a 4 when i went in) i wasnt progressing after an hour so they give me the pitocin.
oh FREAK that was not cool of them.....the pain hit hard.
right away after the pitocin the labor hit hard core, i was progressing and the contractions were royal! but i knew i could do it on my own with no meds. i walked i sat i bounced on the labor ball and more...
i was doing so well but the progression still was not happening so they laid me up on the bed a certain way to see if it would help. after 5 hours of hardly progressing at all it hit me nothing is happening and this pain is terrible (if you have had back labor you know what i mean cause that is what i had and more) then i decided ok give me the meds! so i got and epidural. i cried to rich i am sorry i need it. and of course he says yes katie why would you be sorry get it.
the epidural then worked for maybe an hour so that was a waste!
but at least i started to progress finally i got to a 6 after ummm 15 hours of labor then i progressed to a 7 and 4 or 5 hours after than my blood pressure when higher and delilas heartbeat went lower.
i was then rushed to get ready for a c-section (we chose to get right into it) after the prep for the c-section i was wheeled into the surgery room and 10 minutes after being in there our little Delila was here!
I stayed calm even though i didnt hear her crying. i kept thinking stay calm, stay calm, stay calm. sure enough close to a minute later but felt like forever i hear her lungs share her joy of being here with us. i loved her cry so so much!
about 3 minutes after that richie brought our sweet wrapped up pink faced girl over to me! i saw her, i saw her , i saw her and i loved her! i cried and said hello sweet delila it is mommy! she responded with sticking her tongue out at me! oh i loved her!
the nurses said she is a beautiful little girl and her sweet name is perfect for her.
Delila was an amazing baby! she did so well in the hospital and i was recovering GREAT we went home after being there 2 days with special permission! i was happy to be home! things only got better! and better! and better! she was a terrific sleeper, eater and daughter! and ever since then she has been the joy of our lives!


http://katieandrich.blogspot.com/2008/07/our-little-miss-is-one.html here is her 1 year old shout out...

3 comments:

webster said...

happy birthday cutie!

Whitney Bonnett Taylor said...

happy birthday to Delila!
reading your labor and delivery story makes me remember to when I had Tula... oh man nothing compares. I'd have to say the happiest day of my life!
Now your sweetheart is TWO. Time sure does fly.

Tinaya said...

happy birthday cute little D